Friday, April 06, 2007

Looking for A New House

My area has finally been successfully en-bloc-ed. I have always wanted to move to a new home. Now the chance is here.

The problem now is the search for a new house. My mum wants to stay back in Tampines. *SIGH* So we are searching for flats around Tampines MRT. I want to renovate my own room. Paint nice colours, make a L-shape table, a TV point, LAN point, phone point, AIR CON unit, music corner with my piano and jigsaw and nice curtains. Oh man, this is just too exciting!!!

On the other hand, I think I'm going to miss my neighbours. They are so tolerant with my heavy banging of Beethoven's Sonatas and chicken-screeching violin out-of-tunes. You have seen or heard so many stories of nasty neighbours. I am afraid to meet one!!!!

And I'm going to miss this current flat I'm staying for 19 years - the familiar route from Qiaonan Primary School to my home, the CC where I first learnt piano, art, tuition, reading room which I used to study to survive my O levels, the 292 bus stop where my first bf picked me up from, the park where I broke up with my last bf and the view out from my bedroom's window. There are just too many to state.

But there are also many unhappy moments which I want to forget - the piece of wall where my mum banged my head into, the window in the kitchen which I wanted to jump off from, my bedroom's door where I used to close to cry inside...

Anyway, I look forward to my new home.

1 comment:

Tyrone Swopes said...

One of the most common reasons why people relocate is to forget things. It is indeed hard to get rid of the bad memories when you live in the same place where those happened. How are you doing now? Have you created new memories in your new house? (I assume you've moved by now.) I hope you've found your piano a new home! Btw, what's your favorite piece to play?