Friday, September 30, 2005

The Passion Didn't Die

My new Sec 3 class is ok, minus away the noise they always make. They are ultimately talkative. They're quite a nice bunch of kids, except they are quite slow at grasping concepts. Perhaps, they were talking amongst themselves? Perhaps I wasn't good enough. But I have put in my best. They are going for their final exams next Friday. With that, I will be teaching 4E2, cos their Maths teacher is down with chicken pox.

School has been really busy. 2 weeks I've been reaching home after 6pm. Sigh. Lotsa remedials, meetings, CCAs and staying back for invigilation for the Prelims. I wasn't spared for anything. No time to rest, always gobbled down my lunch and coffee. Coffee has become a necessity to keep myself going. It's non-stop from 750am to 330pm. After that, I usually collapsed on my chair and stoned literally. Sigh, I'm afraid fatique will once again conquer me.

There's so much stuff I can't write it here. Sigh. So much to grumble about. But at least there are a few close colleagues to grumble to. 2 out of the 5 contract teachers have undergone observation by their HOD and VP. My HOD didn't inform me of any. Am I going to be left out? Am I not going into NIE in 2006? I WANT TO GO NIE!! I want my pay increment! My pay now is pathetic. Sigh.

Will teaching become my career or my job? Will I make it my career or my job? This is an important decision to make.

No comments: