Thursday, September 02, 2010

All the Best to my Conductor

I received a shocking news early in the morning today. My conductor has resigned from NTUSO! I don't expect it to be so sudden. A few months ago, he was just telling us about the plans for the next 5 years. Moreover, the repertoire for March 2011 concert has already been decided!

The thought of just not having him for our next concert is so weird. What will happen to our V1 sectionals? I wonder who our next conductor will be? And what will happen to NTUSO?

That makes the concert in Sept 2009 the last one together. I thought he should resign only after our 2011 concert. At least, we can enjoy our last concert together. Being an old alumni, I have seen how our SO progressed, and I'm really sad as we have spent so many years together, especially the V1 section as he also coaches us.

He has always been my inspiration in violin playing, a friend who provides me with a different perspective and optimistic outlook on life.

Wishing him all the best in his future endeavours...... I'll always remember the music we made.

No comments: