Saturday, May 18, 2013

Larsen Virtuoso Strings (Red Packaging)

I have been changing different brands of my strings and rosin and decided it's time to write down to remember them.


Gold coloured tips

Yellow gold ends on G D A and sky blue on E

So here it is. My A string broke one day suddenly inside the case so I decided to change the whole set since it was more than 6 months ago that I changed my strings. I started out changing the A and E first. I only changed G and D two days later so that I won't tax on my bridge too much. The last few times when I changed my strings together, my bridge always bent forward.

It was easy to play after changing, and the strings did not go out of tune too much on the first few plays. The tension was surprising good! 

The sound was not too metallic and was quite sensitive to articulations and vibrato. The G string gives a deep tone. Just a pity that the E string was not gold-plated. Otherwise, I think the sound will be sweeter.

19th June 2013:
The D string is about to snap any moment now. The remaining strings are also going out of tune very easily. The life of the strings are low, barely more than a month. 

No comments: