Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rosin and Peg Paste

Right now I'm using Andrea's violin rosin. It is dark olive green. This is the best rosin in the market and probably the most expensive one. But I didn't regret buying this as it gives a really smooth playing experience with the correct resistance on the strings. It isn't too sticky. The sound made is very much smoother.


Pirastro Goldflex rosin is much drier and much more sticky. When playing on the G and D string, I did not need to exert too much pressure and the sound can come out very boldly. 


This is the peg paste I use - W. E. Hill. It is applied on the part where the peg is in contact with the holes near the scroll. It is a lubricant as well as a resistant. Doesn't it work wonderfully? My teacher said his last him a lifetime. So it means unless I lose this, I'll never have to buy this again.

No comments: