Monday, February 13, 2006

House Warming

Went to Savannah Park yesterday for Zhong Hao's housewarming. I walked from my house, and took me 35 minutes! I didn't realise it was so far away! His house was small, a typical condo size, 3 room one. The kitchen is small, bedrooms are small, and living room small! But enough for a couple, not for a family. Plus the walking distance to Simei MRT is far! And no public transport to the MRT. SO inaccessible without a car!

I was really glad he liked the gifts we got for him. I shopped from 1-5pm for his presents on Friday. After school on Friday, I went down to Taka departmental store. Got a card there. And found no gifts appropriate. Then went down to City Link and Suntec to look. After spending a lot of time there, I got a Galileo Galilie thermometer from Ig's Heaven. It works with special liquid inside, and glass bubble-balls which will sink or float according to the surrounding temperature. But I don't know what is the mechanism behind it, and what kind of special liquid it uses. It's very interesting and uniquely-designed! There was a very nice pig clock, but after consulting some friends, a clock was not very appropriate afterall. And there was this shop in Suntec where I wanted to get a set of china, the salesperson was so bad! First time I walked into the shop, she was on the phone chatting over some drama serials. I went for late lunch, and went back to the shop. The girl was sitting behind the counter. She obviously didn't care about anyone who walked into the shop. What a bad attitude!

Then I went to TM to look for other gifts since my budget was about $100. Another 2 hours there choosing over crystal-wares, glass vases, wine glasses, wine racks, glass containers, electrical hot flasks, coffee set, tea set....etc. It was such a headache. In the end, I got him a coffee set, cos I think I remembered he likes drinking coffee. Overall spent for his presents were $107. Luckily ZH liked them. What a relieve! My efforts paid off! His wife likes Hacken too! Wahaha!!

I went home, very very tired. That night still went for SSO's Mozart concert at VCH. They played really well, just like a CD record playing! Very good ensemble-ship!



No comments: