Wednesday, December 30, 2009

姨妈

Her condition has worsen. She cannot walk now. She has lost her appetite. She is so fragile now.

My aunt was diagnosed with fourth stage lung cancer suddenly about half-year ago. She wasn't a smoker. Nobody in the family smoked too. Doctors said it was probably due to prolonged exposure to cooking fumes. Chemo made her lose her hair and weight. Following that, her hearing ability gradually deteriorated. Doctors gave her half a year.

I remembered one year ago, she was still very energetic and loud. And when we went over to her house in Kluang, she cooked our favourite chicken rice with her special dip sauce. She is a very good cook.

My mum is going to accompany and take care of her next week. I hope she can persevere and live through CNY.

Till then, it will be hard to control my tears.

No comments: