Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trip to KL

Back from Taiwan, and up next was to Chiew Yee Jie Jie's house in Damansara! This is my first time taking the coach to KL on my own. I woke up at 630 am, and found out my family already left the house at 5 am and were already on their way to Ipoh. I quickly washed up, and took a cab down to Novena Square. Bought coffee and sandwich to eat.

It was quite good, as I get to spend some time with myself on the coach, thinking about things and listening to Dvorak's American for string quartet to draw in bowings, fingerings and dynamics. This piece was to be performed at CHIJMES on 24th Dec when I get back to SG. I wanted to watch movie, but there was something wrong with my tv. Customs were smooth. The coach didn't speed, and I reached 1-U five and a half hours later. Chiew Yee jie jie and Cheryl were already waiting for me. It was really great to see both of them again after we bid farewell at Taipei.


It was duck spaggetti from Delicious restaurant. Very nice indeed, though I thought they could have cooked their spaggetti in the same way as how TCC does it. But the duck was the specialty. It was really filling even after I gave half of the whole dish to Chiew Yee jie jie.

Then met up with YQ for Storm Warriors movie at the old wing. The movie had lotsa computer graphics, but the story was so-so only. It was a long-awaited film (11 years later), with much anticipation but disappointment. After movie, we went to Rose Garden at the basement for food. The decoration was really nice, with a touch of Taiwan's tea house feel. They have a white christmas tree with GREEN decorations beside a white baby grand piano.

Chiew Yee jie jie called, and bid farewell to YQ. Went to 记得食 for food AGAIN. I only ate a bit of everything. SO full loh. But their siew mai, carrot cake and laksa were really FANTASTIC.

Day 2:
Dim sum for brunch! Then to The Curve to shop. Bought Cheryl a baby doll whose hair can change colour when in contact with warm water. She named it "Dreamy", and I gave her a Chinese name, "小柔". In the afternoon, I practice piano and violin with Cheryl. Then we had cheese crabs, 生虾生面 and 拉拉米粉 for dinner. After dinner, it was Cheryl's Yamaha JMC class. She had to perform a few piano pieces which we already practised in the afternoon. I sat inside the room with her. The room was exactly the same at the Yamaha in SG. One of the girls inside the class was SOOOO distracting. I think I would have lost my patience if I were the teacher.

Day 3:
Practiced violin with Cheryl in the morning cos' she would be having her recital at 2 pm. The recital was quite well organised. We left for USJ at about 3 pm. Yeah... it was a surprise to see Kang Jie and parents in the house there too. After transferring Jiale's Taiwan photos to my phone (simply love phone nowadays that act as a hard-disk too!), we left for Sunway Pyramid!

Firstly, early dinner first! All of us were hungry. So we went to have Japanese food at Sushi Zanmai. Chiew Yee jie jie and I split the bill. Then it was to FOREVER 21! I think Jiale and I stayed there for more than an hour, trying on clothes and taking lotsa pictures. So fun. If only Carey was around...... are you reading this?

Then we also bought from Kitschen and Nicci. Bought a total of 9 pieces in this entire trip. Even more than I bought in Taiwan, and more than I spent too. Just nice... the RM$1000 I brought was enough to stop me from buying more. We had "dai chao" for late dinner at USJ. Reached back to Damansara at 1030 pm. Cheryl had finally memorised the lyrics to Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and also danced the chorus of Nobody Nobody. HAHA! Felt accomplished! Cheryl can remember all the reindeers' names!!

Day 4:
Last day already. Went to have chilli ban mee. Regretted mixing in the egg. It ended up very thick and dry. I still prefer the soupy ban mee in USJ. Went back to the house to pack and change. Cheryl kept requesting and pestering me to play with her in the car, probably didn't want me to go back. I hate to leave too. But no choice. I have to work the next day. Till next time we meet!

Jammed at Tuas for an hour. Took six and half hours to reach SG. Lucky got YQ to chat with me throughout the journey, till the lady beside us told us to SHUT UP! Hope my holidays come quickly again.

Can work not come?

4 comments:

ReeseKitchen said...

wei....so details! Hope you'll visit us soon..:) Its really fun and Cheryl enjoyed so much!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.