Tuesday, August 24, 2004

CAC Dinner & Dance 2004

I didn't take photos during the last FOC, but managed to take many shoots on 21st Aug CAC DnD! Was quite unwilling to go in the first place, but in the end, was kind of persuaded to go.

It all started out on that morning where I had to go to school to meet my FYP prof at 11am. Duh... he wasn't in office, and when I called his hp, it rang inside the room! Hence, guessing he would be back shortly, I waiting for him at the lounge. He was back half an hour later. "Oh...! I forgot all about it! I have a last-minute meeting. Do you stay in campus? Can you come back later?"

So... I was back there at 1pm. After meeting him, I went back hall to bathe and pack. I didn't know why I was especially slow that day, I was in fact late in getting out from my room. Thus, I took a cab down to Paragon, being 15 min late for my 430pm makeover appointment at Hollywood Secrets with Jiehui.

The makeup took so long... We were there till 715pm!!! It was actually quite simple stuff like make-up and hair styling and photoshoots! But I guess they are just slow.

We were supposed to reach Crown Prince Hotel at 6pm, which is across the road of Paragon. We rushed there like mad after the photoshoots. Took the lift up, and we were almost the last few to arrive. Dinner has already started. We walked in embarassed, partly because we were late, and partly because of our dressing and make-up. We sat down at our table quickly. Hee. We were separated into two tables from our same gang of friends. But nonetheless, though less conversation, Adrian was sitting in the same table as me. HAHA.

SDU was there to organise the games. As the name suggested, yeah, very SDU-style. The government is concern of our partners ok! But our table was quite a spoil-sport. We didn't participate in the games. And when the Emcee, Lawrence Wong (acting in Durian King), called out for Table 17, we didn't even respond. How sad.

The dinner went on, together with the games, and Pagent and Man-Hunt. The dinner was served rushed-ly. Kind of gan chiong. But the Emcee managed to liven up the spirits and atmosphere of the dinner really well. A Jim-Carey look-alike. Very expression-ful. Haha.

After the whole thing ended, it was endless rounds of photo-taking. Baby was taking pictures of herself by herself. She just loved herself too much.

Went back to the hotel room, changed into something comfortable and went to Da Pai Tang for supper as the dinner was unfilling. The food was lousy compared to previous years.

Then we took turns to bathe, and everyone only got to sleep at nearly 4am. There were some complications in the middle as the hotel management came up knocking on our doors saying we were too noisy and there were complains. We were asked to leave, only 3 were allowed to stay. Tracy went to negotiate terms with them, and phew, they told us to clear our rooms before 8am. But clever Tracy put on the "Do-Not-Disturb" sign and they were unable to check on us at 8am.

Then it was going-home time. Reached home, shacked out, but didn't nap. Practised my piano, cooked dinner and wash my clothes. On my way back to hall that night, I concussed on the MRT.

What an eventful weekend. I didn't regret going for the DnD, Peishi!

I think I look the best this year. Heee....
Photos are uploaded at: http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=starhealer

No comments: