Thursday, May 26, 2005

Day 6 - Kee Lung, Fair and Sunny

I slept till 1010am today! We then toko the TRT to Gu3 Ting2 station and walked a long way to Ding3 Tai4 Feng1. We could have alighted at Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall station and walked over! It could have been much nearer. I ordered prawn dumpling la mian and we shared xiao long bao. The taste here was so much better than the one in Sg at Paragon! The pricing was comparable. But i wasn't very filling. At 1125am, I got a SMS from David. The SMS that could decide what I was going to do next semester. Yeah, results were out. Luckily I passed all my subjects. I was so fearful of my da bao subject (MS403) and was lucky to get a D for it. Phew. The others were quite good, 2As, 2Bs and 1C. Was quite disappointed in that C, thought could at least get a B for that stupid Nanomaterials. This was the best results I've ever gotten in my NTU life. Guess a fewer number of subjects allowed me to be more focused. However, I did not get any classification. I got a Pass with Merit only. Kan kai dian, can grad good enough already.

After which, we took TRT to Taipei Main Station and switched to the Railway Train. We bought tickets to Kee Lung. It took 1 hour to reach Kee Lung and we asked the tourist centre there for recommended places to visit. The lady recommended He2 Ping2 island and told us it was very beautiful. We took a bus to He Ping station and walked over to the island. We paid $60 for entrance each. Once we stepped in, I was looking forward to some good view. But to my great disappointment, the island was poorly maintained. There was lots of rubbish, broken tree trunks lying everywhere and the view was not beautiful at all to me!! I mian qiang took a photo there. Nice meh?

[img to be uploaded later]

After which, we took a bus back to Kee Lung TRT. There was a night market there. We shopped there and ate at the night market - Ji1 Long2 Miao4 Kou3. I ate guo1 tie4. It was cheap and good!! $50 for 10!! Yummy yummy!! I bought Ai4 Yu4 Ning2 Meng2 drink. It was like ice jelly with a tinge of lemon. Nice!! and I bought packet of jambu for $50. Big packet! Very sweet!! Finally got to eat my guo tie and jambu!! But yet to eat my beef noodles!!

We left Kee Lung at 740pm and reached Ximending at 830pm. JH and I did out last shopping around Ximending till 1045. Bought quite a lot of gifts for friends. I bought a set of bikini for only $150!!! And a pair of jeans for $390!! So cheap! Haha!! We also had Man2 Guo3 Bing1 and Cao3 Mei2 Bing1 at San1 Xiong1 Mei4 dessert shop. It cost $80 each!! A bit ex. But were quite big portions!!

Going to HK tom!! My turn to bring JH and CP around. Bleah. Bye Naruwan!!

Total expendition in Taiwan: NT$10129 = S$543.70

No comments: