Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Mendelssohn - Octet in E-Flat Major, Op. 20

Yet another year of concert with NTUSO! This time, the alumni put up an item, all thanks to me for suggesting it and making it all come true!! We had some trouble finding eight players for the octet and since all of us were working, practising together makes it more challenging, especially when all of us had to travel all the way to far west for rehearsal.

Nevertheless, on this concert day, it was spectacular, though we made a few mistakes here and there. But I though it was a good show considering we only had four or five practises.

Ever since I joined the then NTUSE in 2001, starting as a beginner, I have always wanted to be part of the main ensemble, playing music together. It was only in 2005 that I got a chance to play together in our first ever public concert - Journey 2005. Seniors and good players in the ensemble never failed to inspire me to play better. I remember the first person to inspire me was Wei Han, a first violinist, when he played Vivaldi's Seasons and Carlos Gardel's Por Una Cabeza, then Xiao Qing with Kriesler's Preludium and Allegro, Zhong Hao's fine intonation and lovely tone, followed by cellist K Yong who gave me a lot of courage and motivation to pursue music even at a ripe age of 27. Of course, along the way, there are many soloists and teachers who led me and gave me guidance and encouragement.

I continued playing the violin because I want to and love to perform. I want to play in orchestras and play in concerts and hoping that one day I have a chance to play on the same stage as Hacken Lee. As long as I'm playing, I will still return and perform with NTUSO because this is the place where I began.

Enjoy our performance:

No comments: