Monday, July 05, 2004

First Hacken Poster

My friend went to HK recently and bought me a Hacken's poster as my birthday present!!! I'm so happy!! I love it! It's the first poster of him I have! It is the picture similar to his latest CD - Smart I.D. Can you imagine such a loyal fan like me only own the first poster after so many years?? I'm so elated.

Well, the posting for FYP is out. I, got my first choice:

Description: PLGA and a-TCP are both biodegradable. When they are used alone, the mechanical and biological properties are not desirable. Composites of the two components, if combined properly, would show interesting properties. The objective of this project is to study the effect of the TCP content on the viscosity of the mixed slurry and the resultant coating quality.

Methodology: Produce a-TCP powder (or bioglass?). Dehydrate the powder. Dissolve PLGA in an organic solvent. Produce mixed slurry. Do dip coating on set or sintered CPC. Drying in vacuum. Hydrothermal treatment? Characterization.

Is it merely luck? Or that nobody chose this project such that I could get it so easily? NTU school stuff doesn't excite me anymore, cos' I have given up hope on the education system. Hence, any project I got doesn't really matter to me at all. Well, heaven may be on my side this time after a terrible IA period. It may be the time for me to "salty fish turned upside down" - meaning to climb out of the dark period.

I guess, I gotta go email my supervisor and ask for some advice first.

I bought a new piano book today. A very fantastic book! And most important of all, it contains the song I have been looking for for some time! Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, full song. But it is an extremely difficult song to master. I give myself 1 year to master it. Hopefully I can make it. Gotta train my left hand, cos' the song needs a very agile left hand.

No comments: