Sunday, August 14, 2005

CAC Ball - Galaxy: Cynosure

Just came back from CAC Ball 2005. It was held at Amara Hotel. Cost of ticket: $49. This year is different from all the other years I've been to. It's the least preparation work done in terms of the dressing and hairdo, and going to the ball was kinda last minute, only decided on Wed. I wore the same set of clothings that I wore to in 2003. Regarding the hair, I just half-tied it, and plucked in a shiny star-crystal pin that I bought in HK.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Before that, the whole day I was super busy. Morning had to go for my theory lessons, which my teacher said," Next time must do first then come ah!" Sigh, I also wish so la, but I was really really too busy throughout the week irregardless of the two day school holiday. Sigh. Then had to rush home, packed, bathed and went Century again to do pedicure for the night's ball. Then met my family at 1245, where my brother came picked me up at Tampines MRT and ate lunch at Hougang. Some roast duck and "shao rou", and were not comparable to the one in Serangoon. I treated them lunch as I got my first pay yesterday. Hehe, finally money is starting to come in.

Then I was lucky that my brother was so kind enough to send me to NTU for my string practise. Hehe, I reached at 220pm, 20 minutes late. But the conductor was even later. Sigh, I got a feeling, he won't last long. Give him another year or two, he will quit. Trust me. Practises are getting boring. Maybe cos' of the new members who are learning to play the repertoire. Gotta give them more time and patience, isn't it? The conductor is also someone who talks alot of stories and have extended short breaks. I hate them. Reason being - I had to spend so much time travelling, so don't waste my time like that. Today, I sat there and wonder, is it all worth it to go for string practises? Sigh. I am starting to get impatient with him. Hence, I took it all out on my violin during practise today.

Then I went to RT's hall to get changed and made up. We were ready in 45 minutes, and YH drove to fetch us to Amara. There wasn't anyone I know there, except Wee Fong. The feeling of "old" there. The people were dressed down, I don't see sexy and revealing gowns like Eve's? Haha. Not many people wore gowns. The food was ok only; there were only 9 of us (we shared a table with Piano Ensemble people), but the portion of food was not considered big, maybe only barely sufficient. The games were fresh to me, alas some new stuff. But was pretty boring. Maybe the gang I used to go with were so much bigger, hence more lively. YH was again kind enough to send me back to my house.

Back to some school stuff, have been marking scripts, and going to classes alone. 4N1 people, a bunch of XXX. Don't know to use what adjective to describe them. Made two of them stayed back after class. 5N2 kids were more willing to learn. They do their work, and asked questions. One kid asked,"Cher, when you leaving ar? You gonna stay till after Teacher's Day?"

I shrugged. "We want to give you Teacher's Day present. You'll still be here right?"

"No need, no need, don't need present la." I replied, afraid of them giving me "surprises". Haha. At least I prefer 5N2 to 5N1, 5N1 gave me a hard time on Thursday. Firstly, so many of them didn't bring their workbooks. Then I changed to do TYS instead. But they started to talk and not listen to me. Sigh. It's bad. 4N1 kids also jia lat, some really stubborn. GRRRR!!

Now, next assignment is to come up with a test paper on Radioactivity for 4E4 and 4E6. Add.Math paper solutions have yet completed! Jia lat!!

Wireless internet is stil not fixed. Sigh. I haven't touched my lappie for a long time!

No comments: