Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ouch! A Pain in the EYE!

Yesterday was a bit demoralising for me. I went thru Physics answers with 4N1 and gave the wrong answer. Mr Yap was inside the classroom with me, and he sort of hinted me it was wrong, but brainless me didn't know where I was wrong. So he went in front of the class and told them the correct answer. He was very nice, he explained to the class I am a new teacher, and told them to give me more encouragement. He even told them when he was a new teacher, he also made mistakes. I think he was very nice loh. This is the kind of gentleman who wouldn't let anyone lose face in front of others. (unlike someone......)

After school, went for string practise. Drove along ECP home, and ended up in Changi Airport!

Today started out unlucky. I burned my left eye!! WHY? Cos I didn't put in the neutralising pill into the contact lens solution!!! I put on my contacts and got a REAL stinging burning pain in my left eye!! It was so painful I can't even open my eyes!!! I stood in front of the mirror like for a minute plus before I can calm myself down to take out the lens. It was so difficult to even open my eyes, not to say, take the lens out!!! OUCCH!! It left the blood veins in my left eye popping out. I wore glasses to school today, and the eye was painful and red for the whole day.

However, the day in school turned out to be better than I thought. Being a Tuesday, I have lessons the whole day, and after school, there is afternoon programme and remedial which will end at 5pm. The first period was a repeat lesson for another class, so I need not go in. So I got 2 periods to prepare for my lesson on Nuclear Physics. Though it was a super simple topic, the problem was how to extend the lesson to 35 minutes! And while thinking, I feel asleep. The chime went and I went to class. Lucky me, the class had biology practical before that, and were 10 minutes into lesson time. Hehe, 25 min to go. Went in, luckily information flowed quite well. But the lesson ended in 10 minutes. Darn. So I called out," Miss Lim?" Hehe, she told me beforehand if I ended early, she could give out the practical and test papers. Phew.

Then, it was 2 periods of MAths. But Miss Ong was on MC, and already gave them worksheets to do. Woo hoo! 2 more periods free! Happily can do my stuff!! Then 2 hours later, it was afternoon programme time. Had to go through Mock Exam paper with the class, but when I reached the classroom, there wasn't anyone inside! And their bags were all gone! Later, I found out that they all had English oral in the hall! Whoo!!

Remedial was also cancelled, cos the students wanted to rush their D&T project. HAHA! MEANS CAN GO HOME!! And my mum offered to come fetch me home!!! WAAAHHH!!! I feel lucky today. OK! Must do more good things, so that I can be lucky.

Ok, needa sleep. Eye still pain. Hope tom will be fine.

No comments: