Wednesday, August 31, 2005

First Teachers' Day

School started at 725am as usual but it'll only be half day. After assembly was the ACES day workout. The teachers were encouraged to come in sports gear, but I didn't. And many didn't as well. I was supposed to have one lesson at the third period, but Miss Ong said I need not go cos' she'll be going through answers. So, no lessons! So with the other teachers, we went for the first concert session for the lower sec. The concert was ok, but Dunman's one were better. I remembered being a student councillor in Dunman, we actually had to plan the Teachers' Day concert. We made use of dry ice for the grand entrance of teachers and our programmes were of higher standard. I remembered staying till 11pm in the school for Teachers' Day rehearsal.

Got a bar of chocolates from the Maths subject head and some chocolate cookies during the concert. Nothing from the students. I didn't expect anything, cos' I'm not close to them. So well, hehe.

At 12pm, all the teachers walked over to Sakura restaurant at Downtown East for Teachers' Day buffet lunch. Wahaha!! Heard it cost $22 per person! Lotsa salmon sashimi, tuna and other kinds' of fish sashimi! Oysters, tempura prawns, teppanyaki, claypot, chicken wings, soup.... so much to eat! But I didn't eat a lot cos' I ate alot of sashimi! HAHA! Yummy!

After lunch, it was about 2pm. I took bus 3 to Tampines interchange. Then walked over to TM and Century Square for shopping. Been quite bored with my clothes, and need some additions. Somemore, my mum said all my clothes look quite old, so have to get some clothes to make me young and fresh! HAHA!

A simple shopping made me burn a BIG pocket. Firstly I bought another spagetti top at Giordano at $14. Then at OAMC, bought a wrap grey skirt and 2 tops at $93.50. And this price was after 50% discount!! Imagine without discounts?!?! Went over to Century Square to Echo Of Nature, and spent a freaking $282.30! Got a belt, 4 tops, 2 skirts and a jeans there. The sales girl was good, she knew how to match and give me what I want. And the clothes were nice this season! Having spent so much, I got myself their lifetime membership which entitles me to 10% discount. Total damage = $389.80. I never spent so much on clothes in my whole life! Time to munch on bread!

No comments: