Saturday, January 15, 2005

What a DAY!?

Firstly, my day didn't start out well BECAUSE my handphone didn't wake me up! I thought I still had 2 bars of battery left last night before I sleep. And JH's handphone was alarming and again, I had to wake her up and ask her to off it.

Then, we were off to the lab to queue outside for XRD. I went to the toilet first, and asked JH to wait for me outside the lab door. Then after I came out of my cubicle, JH said monotonously,"No booking for next Friday."

"WHAT?!" was the first thing that came to my mind. Then she continued,"Next Friday is public holiday."

"OH YAH!! I FORGOT!!!" At the moment I felt so silly waking up in the early morning for this.

Then we went to Canteen A and had McDonald's BIG BREAKFAST meal. First sin of the day. Even the canteen auntie was surprised to see us so early and joked that we were there to accompany her to mop the floor.

Then I was off to Electron Microscopy lab. I brought 11 1.44MB floppy disks so that I can copy out my SEM files. THEN, each file was 1.56MB after zipping!! SO, I cannot do anything!! WHY? Because the obsolete PC attached to the SEM had no internet access, uses WINDOWS 95, cannot convert bitmap files to jpeg, and only allows floppy disks and zip disks!!!!! And when I asked the think-she-is-so-great lab tech Irene whether they have zip disks to lend, she said,"No.". Think she so great meh? I just hate talking to her.

Upset, I went Computer lab, hoping to get results for my XRD spectrums. Again, the second day already, I could not get what I want. More upset. Then I went for my 1030 lecture.

After lecture finished at 1230, I went to do my SEM. I couldn't get the surface structure for one for my samples. Then stomach growled for an hour before I head for Canteen A for lunch. Ate alone. After I finished, I purposely walked over to the extension to get back hall hoping to see some familiar faces. Hehe, and I saw Von. Sat down with her and Peiru, and she complained about yesterday's Hall Opening Cheerleading competition, saying it's kelong one.

Then CP came along, sat down, and ate McDonald's fries. Sin 2. We were all sian that it's Friday and we're still in school at 430pm. So we all thought about where to go. Ikea? OK!

Took cab down together with Susan cos' it cost the same as taking public transport. Upon alighting, I saw a SBS bus in front of me. It took me three seconds to realise what was printed on the bus' body!! It was Hacken Lee on some advertisement!! But I didn't have the time to snap a picture of it. If anyone do see the bus, please take a picture for me! HEHE! CP almost "seh" me for my exclamation upon seeing the bus. -_-" Didn't buy anything there. Took cab down to Boon Lay market for supper. Nasi lemak and sugarcane drink. Sin 3.

Three sins and so many bad happenings.

Oh ya, have yet to hand in the Personal Record Form to my counsellor and general office. So lazy to do it.

No comments: