Friday, February 11, 2005

Happy Chinese New Year

Hey guys!! Happy CNY!! Did u all gain unwanted fats!? Haha! I think I didn't do much! Cos' this year I didn't get to eat a lot of goodies. =( This is the first time I spent Chinese New Year's eve in Singapore. All the while, cny eve was in Malaysia. It was a different feeling altogether - having less crowd in the house, and less of cny festive mood. However, the food whipped up by my mum was as delicious. Hehe.

There wasn't prawn crackers (xia bing) that I love, no Mamee (those that kids eat), no super good nasi lemak (as supper), no niang toufu as lunch, and basically not much good home-cooked food too. Oh ya, and I didn't get to drink beer or soft drinks this year round!! My goodness! Is this new year?!

On the other hand, god of fortune was with me this year round. I won some money on majong games starting on chinese new year's eve. And Daddy too, gave me a red packet containing SINGAPORE dollars finally. Though there wasn't much, but this is only the second time he gives us red packets in Sing dollars. Usually it was just RM$10?

Took many photos. You can check out my imagestation for some of the photos. Some are in my cousin's camera. Carey, remember to upload!! ARH! We forgot to take photos of what we ate at Simpang Rengam!!! We always took photos of our dishes but we forgot this year!! It was such GOOD food!! So wasted!

Carey bought me "Six Strong Guys" VCD. Hehe. Though it is also sold in Singapore, but Singapore's version is in damn Chinese! Malaysia's version is in the ORIGINAL Cantonese dialogue! I don't understand what is the reason having to translate dialects in movies to chinese and need not translate languages like Thai, Jap, Korean!?!?! So rubbish! And worse is that even VCDs in Cantonese are not published in their original languages!! Can't stand the stupid system.

Visited some relatives and all always ask the same questions. Ok, I'm the eldest (unmarried) cousin there, so all asked me whether I have a boyfriend. NO NO NO NO NO NO!! Even those younger than me are attached!! My brothers even said,"Dunno what is wrong with you ar..." Grrr...! I admit I'm picky but I guess I rather be single than having to be together with someone I don't really like. Must meet the one I really like mah. Don't be attached just because others are attached right? Haha. But my brother cousin gonna intro me his colleague. Well, shall see how it goes...

I brought my laptop to Malaysia, in hope to do some FYP there. But ended up sleeping late, chatting, watching tv and playing majong!! Getting so worried. Need to hand in draft report on 3rd March!! It's gonna be back to my busy work schedule next week. Gonna be recess after next week. MY GOD!! So fast?!!?!? Can time pass slower and I do things faster so that I can get more things done!?!? ARGH!

No comments: