Tuesday, February 22, 2005

UK Funfair (Uncle Ringo)

I went for the funfair on sunday evening. Before that, I went to Sembawang to a friend's place to collect my ticket! Hehe.



It was surprising that there wasn't much crowd. I wasn't prepared to go there for rides. Just wanted to go take a look. But YX spoke in a manner as if he dared me. Not wanting to let him have a chance to suan me, we bought tokens for the Mega Drop!!



There were only three seats each side, and I sat with CP. Hoping to see the night view of Woodlands, I was actually quite anxious. However, as the car moved more and more upwards, feelings of regrets filled me. "Ah!! I don't wanna play liao!! Let me down!!!" Both of my legs started to soften as they dangle in the open space under my seat. We were hung at the top for a minute or two before the magnet holding on to our car was released, and we were speeding down at top speed. "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I couldn't open my eyes to see!! It was too scary!!! But it was over in a second or two. *Took a deep breath* The car moved up AGAIN! OMG! This time round, I decided to open my eyes. Without warning again and a shorter time at the top, we were released again...... This time at an even faster drop rate!!!! "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" My heart almost spilled out from my mouth. My eyes could only see for a split second before they were forced to be close again! We reached the ground, relieved. Cold sweat...

Next ride was AirForce 1.





It's analogous to the Viking just that it has an added dimension. Up and down like the Viking, plus 360 degrees spin as it swings. Doesn't sound scary? Yeah, I thought it was nothing. It was still bearable at first. But when it swings and spins faster and higher, it was definitely as scary as Mega Drop!! My eyes again, could not open themselves!!! I screamed all the way. How I wished it would stop. YX closed his eyes all the way, JH screamed till she couldn't shout anymore, and CP was steady - opening his eyes all the way.

We staggered down, YX's face as pale as a sheet. He was dizzy... he sat down to rest. A while later, we left the funfair, not wanting to test our heart ability any longer. Haha. YX went home to rest, and the rest of us went to MOS for a drink before heading home.

A scared-out-of-my-wits evening!

No comments: