Sunday, February 27, 2005

SE Concert - Journey

Our first ever public SE concert at Old Parliament House was successfully held yesterday. Tickets were sold out, but seats were not filled totally. The chairperson said the complementary ticket holders did not turn up.

The concert place was really nice. Big seats, cosy hall, nice lighting, good acoustics... perfect for Strings performance. I met up with some of my SE friends and had lunch at Raffles City food court. Then we walked to OPH. Rehearsal started at 2pm and had a run through of the whole programme. The stage was a bit too small for 50 plus of us. It was rather squeezy, but bowing allowance was still manageable. The Emcee was kinda cute... look like those "ha ri nan hai". Tanned and well-built, with a fluent slang of English.

I was really glad Yuhua, Jiehui, David and Yvonne went to support me. Never in my life of performing I had friends just there to support me. They even gave me a stalk of yellow sunny bright sunflower! But you all had missed the best part of the concert, which was the duet before the intermission. The duet won applause even after both of them went off-stage!!!!




Most of my friends would just tell me they will fall asleep during the concert. So whenever it comes to selling tickets, I always had a hard time. Thanks dear!

I took quite a number of photos with Mr Poh, our conductor, and a few of my SE friends. It was a pretty sad thing to secretly know that the comm is sacking Mr Poh, and he hasn't known of it yet. At least the photo can help keep some memories of him. It isn't easy not to have feelings towards him after being under him for almost 4 years and being one of his favourites. =(




Hee... I also took photos with the cute boy (CB). Haha. And got to bully him and dragged him for supper together with the rest of SE people after concert.

The concert went well... though I made a super big mistake by playing a wrong chord in Eine Kleine. When I asked CB, he said he didn't hear it. So I guess it didn't sound too obvious? I hope so.

Eventually I didn't play Telemann's Konzert for 4 Violins. I wasn't too confident in doing it, and furthermore I was kinda stressed up for FYP. I'm glad that I made this decision, or else, I would be spoiling the piece. But CB made a mistake in the fourth movement and sounded kinda messy. Whatever it is, those who didn't know the piece wouldn't know the mistake. HAHA!

The concert ended about 10pm. After taking more photos and packing up, we left OPH. Went supper with some of them, mostly the Alumni at Baker's Inn. Had some ice-cream and ice-tea there. We sat there for some time, discussing future plans for SE. Took a cab home, with midnight surcharge. ~$~

Going for MOE interview on Wed. Wish me best of luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nono... we din miss the duet, u check again, i did record it for you. we were there all the while before the break. we juz missed enine kleine, which i deeply regret too. anyway a very nice performance and the ambience was good. three cheers!