Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Most Disgraceful Event

Oh man!! How I wished there was a hole in the stage to bury myself, and that the curtain would fall down without reason. Today I had performance for Welfare Festival at 1230pm. There was only me (violin 1), 1 violin 2, 3 violin 3 and 1 cellist. 6 of us. Only 2 in the experienced group. We played Canon, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring and Salsa per Christina. It was HORRIBLE, ABHORRENT, TERRIBLE, DISASTROUS, AWFUL, HELLISH, VILE, DREADFUL, ATROCIOUS.....!!!!!! It was out-of-tune, out of time, out of coordination....!!! It was the most embarrassing moment of my life I tell you!!!

For Canon, the timing just went slower and slower and slower and slower......... and I tried my means to speed the cellist up but she can't get me! For Jesu Joy, only the second violinist and me played, cos' the rest are Intermediate players and only have minimal part. Both of us played ok, but lack the sonority of the cello and viola!! For Salsa, it was the worst! 3rd violin came in 2 bars late and were lost, and 2nd violin didn't play at her bar, looking lost!! OMG!! You know how disgraceful it is to stand on the stage with more than a hundred pairs of eyes looking???? They stood in awe... awed on how BAD it sounded!! I didn't even bother to bow after the performance, too anxious to hide my face under the stage!!!

Why couldn't the chairperson check how many players are available before promising to play for the event?? Oh no... please don't tell others I'm in SE.

No comments: