Monday, December 03, 2012

Sydney Trip Dec 2012 - Day 1

I spent a whole 12 days with my dearest cousin in Sydney over my December holidays. It was actually a trip I even hesitated to go. Firstly there was no one I could find to go on a trip with me (because it's more expensive during peak period) and secondly, there was no special place I want to visit (due to financial constraints). So it was only quite late in the year that I decided to buy a ticket and fly to Sydney. It so happens that Scoot just started flying and I could fly on a budget!

Before the day I flew, I realised I need to apply for visa! I assumed that the Singapore passport was a "all-go" document. Luckily the visa could be applied online and I could proceed with my holiday!

The flight was at 2am. So it was quite easy to pass the 6.5 hour flight as most time was spent sleeping. I upgraded my seat to Super seats, but they are not any spacious than the normal seats. The in-flight meal was a small portion. 

Finally arrived at Syndey Airport! It was very easy navigating to the customs and belts. Before long, I was already out. Vodafone was located just outside the exit that I came out from. So I went to purchase a local SIM card and got the $49 Flexi Cap plan. After that I had an early lunch at Mac before taking the subway to St. Leonards station. Changing the trains at Central was a little confusing because of the number of lines there. However all the stations were baggage friendly - lifts!!


new train
old train
The trains were triple-decked. So cool!!! It took about 45 minutes from the airport to St. Leonards and called my cousin to bring me to her place. She had to walk over from her office and so after some instructions on how to walk, we finally saw each other across the street!! 


After much jumping and shouting, we went up to her rented apartment and put down my stuff. We had Korean food for dinner with another cousin at Chatswood and went up to his place to take a look.





We went back to St. Leonards and played some silly games for laughs before ending the night. I also got to know my cousin's apartment-mate and he is a very friendly and nice guy!

The weather is so great here! Ok, more updates tomorrow!!

No comments: