Thursday, December 06, 2012

Sydney Trip Dec 2012 - Day 4

Today was quite a packed day. I went to the Opera House for a classical concert and tour. The walk to the Opera House was magnificient every second. The weather was good and the road was not crowded. I could walk with so much ease. There was a couple taking wedding photos and many people taking photos with the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House as the back drop. Nearing the Opera House, there was a GIGANTIC luxury liner anchored, waiting for its next departure. 


Learning from last night's lesson, I knew I can't be late for anything in Australia. I had lunch at the row of restaurants there. I ordered sashimi sushi with noodles. The waitress told me to finish the sushi quickly and beware of the seagulls. Because I was sitting so near to the sea, the seagulls must had locked me down as their target. I didn't even have time to take a picture of the food. I was just about to put the first piece of sushi into my mouth and suddenly there was a commotion on my table!!! I looked up and my prawn was gone!!!! The seagulls are large birds and they are aggressive!!! I was totally in shock! Luckily the rest of the sashimi are still intact and I quickly gobbled them down! I hate seagulls now.

I made my way to the concert hall for Totally Tchaikovsky. 


It is a small theatre with the stand in the centre. Despite it being an afternoon concert on a weekday, it was FULL house. The interior is beautiful but the acoustics were not as good as Esplanade's. Well, be reminded that this is an old theatre.

Then I joined the Sydney Opera House tour. Not late again ya! We were all given a headset so that when the tour guide speaks, we can hear it clearly and not creating noise pollution. Very innovative. Through the tour, I understood that building the Opera House was such great work and large sum of money. All the infrastructure and the casting of the beams were all great engineering works. I was really amazed. 

Think: How did they cast the curved roof?
I decided to take the ferry to Darling Harbour. They have so many routes and they operate using the same subway card! There I met my dear cousin and house mate for dinner. It was a really nice dinner. 

After dinner, we walked through QVB and they were displaying the largest Christmas tree decorated with Swarovski crystals. 




It's gonna be Christmas soon!!! 

No comments: