Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sydney Trip Dec 2012 - Day 9

Today I am going to the Blue Mountains on my own as dear cousin had to return to work. I joined a local day tour and they picked me up from a hotel. The bus came about half hour late and I thought I had missed the bus. *phew* There were about 16 of us on the bus from different countries. Some of them are natives from not from NSW. One big family was from Singapore.

The first stop was at Featherdale Wildlife Park. The kangaroos were all running around and we could feed them. The tiny ones are really cute while the huge ones look magnificient standing on their strong tail. There were lots of birds, emu, peahens and peacocks! The white peacock was magnificent! The turkeys were very cute too!!!



Of course, everyone in Australia must have a picture taken with the Koala bear! So I had mine take too! After that we boarded the bus again. We went to a big field to try play with the boomerang. 

The road to the Blue Mountains was scenic. How I wished dear cousin and I could drive up here ourselves. 

Upon reaching Katoomba, it was lunch. Fish and chips!! Yums!


Then we took a super huge cable car up to the mountains.It was really steep. 


A pity the rail road was under construction, otherwise it would have been scenic too. Luckily I had a jacket on today (bought from Review yesterday) cos' it was cold! The weather was not foggy and we could view the Three Sisters. So here's a picture with them:


After descending, we went to catch the tribal show at Waradah Aboriginal Centre. From there I learnt how they made use of organic material to make their camouflage and their musical instrument. Following that was the bus journey back. We bidded farewell to the tour guide and took an hour long ferry ride back to Darling Harbour.

Dear cousin bought Nandos home for dinner. The Nandos here tasted so much so much better!!! 


No comments: