Friday, December 09, 2005

Genting Trip: 5th - 9th Dec 05

Followed the school band to Genting Highlands for an international band competition. The bus journey started at 7am and was quite ok. Just a mere 8 hours and we were up there on the highland. Unlike the torturous 11hr jouney to Redang! The weather was cooling! Been so many years since I’ve been to Genting, and I must say, it had quite a number of major changes. One biggest change is that the roads up and down Genting are like 3-lane wide each! Imagine the buses don’t need to slow down to make the acute 180 degrees turn!

I shared room with the band conductor. She’s quite a nice lady. The room was super small. I thought it would be bigger. The conductor and I didn’t really communicate much. She woke up earlier than me and came back after I slept.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Food was the same daily and meal-ly. After the second day, we ate out. Tried out “Ah Yi Bao Yu” dim sum. It was ok only. Not very nice la, but I must comment that they use real prawns in Har Gao and Siew Mai! Many dim sum usually fill in more pork than prawns! We also tried the small eateries on the first level. And on the last day, we actually found another place directly under the hotel café selling nicer and cheaper food!!! And more variety somemore!! ARRRR!!! Basically the things there weren’t cheap. It’s like the price in Singapore. So not really worth buying and carrying them back to Sg. But I made a keychain there for RM$30. It’s actually a 2-sided stainless steel surfaces imprinted with my photo and of course…... Hacken’s photo! HAHA!

The trip there was relaxing. The kids are very nice and obedient. They didn’t create trouble nor gave any nonsense. And the teachers us, had quite a lot of free time. So I practically walked every inch of the shopping mall! But dunno why still can miss out the food court!!! And no, I didn’t go to the theme park. I’m scared of heights! Haha!

These pictures are taken in the shopping mall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The competition had quite prestigious judges from Thailand, Japan and Singapore. But the teams that came, were only from Singapore and Malaysia. Somemore the good teams didn’t join this competition. And I think it’s ironic to call it an international competition. The band got a Gold Award eventually. But I don’t really see the competition as good as SYF.

Packed up the feelings and came back to SG. A teacher came running to me literally once I got off the bus. Are you thinking she’s missing me? Yes! Missing me because I can now cover duties for her! Sigh. I haven’t even settled down with the kids and all the bags are still in a mess. In the end, I covered her duty. She should feel glad.

No comments: