Saturday, May 15, 2004

Holy?

I went to TM and Century Square today. Saw my used-to-be very close fren doing temp job there. So went over and talked to him. So I was suggesting a gathering session for my sec's sch Council group. So I was like asking if he will be free next Thur after 6pm since he's working.

"No... There's no work............................"

"Oh GREAT!" That was in my mind. But he added, ".....but I got church."

The thousand hopes smashed immediately. Somehow I know I could never win over somebody over church sessions. "Oh..." I gave a very short and bored reply. One could take time-off from work to just go church.

Sigh. Not birds of a feather flock together. Only this particular church go-ers are, too, no, should be EXTREMELY, enthusiastic. This friend used to be a devoted Buddhist. And after so many years, he converted to Christian this year, saying it gave him guidance and light towards life. When he told me this, I knew we will never be the same again. I "lost" many friends to the great Jesus.

So many friends tried preaching me, threatening our friendships and one of them even hung up the phone on me after I rejected her. Was it because of Christianity that we were friends or because we were really friends?

I believe one should have his/her own freedom to choosing their religion. They shouldn't be forced into it. My friends kept asking "WHY WHY WHY? Why don't you want to be a Christian?"

Erm, I think this kind of thing should be based on one's belief? I have no feelings towards Christianity. They said I haven't even tried, how would I know? Rubbish, I've been to churches, masses, Easter day performances and a catholic school for many times. And I feel nothing. Just had a thought that they were all obsessed people.

*Disclaimer: I do not oppose Christianity.

1 comment:

Linus said...

Lost a frd due to christianity?? So weird... I still believe that religions should be something which the person should believe willingly and not by forcing or threatening. I prefer "zhi yuan" one. :P

You wont lose me cos i not like them. :P