Monday, June 06, 2005

Day 2, Beijing, Sunny

We woke up abt 830am because the housemaid was coming at 9am. I had some half-boiled eggs with bread and coffee. Hmmm....!

Then we changed and went out again at 10am. We went to this Tian1 Tan2 Gong1 Yuan2, a place the Emperor used to go where offerings were made to pray for bumper crops. RMB$35 for entrance for that dilapilated place. If it wasn't for it's history, I think it was not worth going.

We then went shopping at some place. Haha. Realise I don't know their locations cos' we went by car. The shopping centre sold all electronic stuff and some silk. Quite cheap there. But didn't get any. Wait till I get my pay, I get a camera for myself!! We had lunch outside the shopping centre - KFC, my brothers' fave. Relatively cheaper, but I won't say it's very much cheaper. Somemore, their choices were less than ours.

We went shopping again. This time at another place where bargains could be made. Bought some clothes and shoes. Saw a bag I liked but the "shou gong" wasn't good. So didn't buy. Btw, they were all imitations.

Bored of everything, we decided to head for dinner at 6pm. The restaurant is called Muo4 Gao1 Da4 Jiu3 Lou2 (http://www.bjbrt.com). It is located at Bei3 Jing1 Shi4 Cao1 Yang2 Qu1 Jian4 Wai4 Da4 Jie1 Jia3 1 Hao4, Jin1 Zi1 Da4 Sha4 1-2 Cheng2. The first storey is for eating beef noodles, the second storey is for a la carte. We had roast lamb (which I found the smell too strong and didn't eat much), seafood soup (sweet and tasty), steamed fish (the fish that had 2 eyes on one side of its head. The fish I found it too hard, steamed for too long le), stir-fried prawns (so crispy the shells could be eaten too!!) and shared a big bowl of beef noodles with rice. It was so filling and only cost RMB$242! So cheap!!

We came back and went for swim again. My brothers went for table tennis. So, lesson 2 for my mum - more practise on kicking. She can finally move in the water today, though very slowly.

Rest early today. Need to wake up at 6am to go Great Wall tom.

No comments: