Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Day 4, Beijing, Foggy and Cool

We slept till 10am today. I cooked instant noodles for my brothers and we shared for breakfast. Then did some reading. Mum suddenly said," Hey get ready... we going out at 1pm."

Argh, I thought I could do more readings, but... grrr... Luckily the itinery for today was shopping. Hee. Went to Xi Dan. There were many shopping centres there. One of the more well-known one was Ming2 Zhu1 Xi1 Dan1. Inside it sold many stuff - clothings, bags, cute stuff, shoes... bla bla. We had lunch at one of the buildings. I ate some la mian. Quite nice. Cost RMB$10.

After the shopping, the chauffuer fetched us at around 6pm. We went to a restaurant that served Sichuan food. Name of restuarant: Shu3 Guo2 Yan3 Yi4 Jiu3 Lou2. Webbie: http://www.shgyy.com. Addy: Dong1 San1 Huan2 Jing4 Song1 Qiao2 Ban4 Jing4 Song1 Da4 Sha4. The main attraction was a "Bian Nian" master. He could change his mask in a split second! The show was really fantastic. Andy Lau wanted to learn this skill, but the troupe did not want to pass this secret skill to outsiders.

The food was ok, cos' I don't particularly like Sichuan food. But I ate niu2 wa1 (frogs). We ordered 2 kinds of cooking methods - one in ma2 la4 style and the other stir-fried. They were really fresh and tender. So YUMMY!! And damn cheap. In the ma la style, there were about 8 frogs in it and cost only RMB$68!!! And for the stir-fried one, it cost only RMB$38!!! They were so tasty! The stir-fry one was actually ordered after we finished everything, cos' they were especially tasty. Hehe.

After the hearty dinner, we proceeded back. Didn't do exercise today again, cos' I was very eager to install Sims 2 - The University which I bought for RMB$54. It looks quite original and bought from a known seller. My Mum bought many DVDs and VCDs there before. It's still installing now, hope it can be played!!

More historic moments tom. Bleah.

No comments: