Thursday, June 09, 2005

Day 5 - Beijing, Rainy, Cloudy

Woke up at 8am. Wanted to go Tian1 An1 Men2 and Gu4 Gong1 this morning. Just as I didn't want to leave the house, I prayed it would rain. Dunno it was lucky or suay, it really did start to rain. Feeling happy, I went to continue installing my Sims 2 University. It took damn long last night and so many problems occurred. It was already installed last night, but due to my dad's PC language settings, I pressed the wrong icon and the game was UNINSTALLED. !@!"$$%£^><:*£

SO hence, I tried to install again. It took more than an hour and wasn't installed yet. Think something wrong with the disc. Sigh. Now I'm trying again.

The chauffeur was late today. His handphone was spoilt and borrowed his wife's one. Because he could not adapt to the new phone, he missed our SMS and was half hour late to pick us up to Tian An Men and Gu Gong. Mum was a bit unhappy with that. It was already 11am when he came. So we proceeded for lunch first. We had beef noodles. Name of restaurant: Dun4 Huang2 Lao2 Ma3 Jia1 Niu2 Rou4 Mian4 Lian2 Suo3 Dian4. Addy: Cao2 Yang2 Qu1 Jian4 Wai4 Da4 Jie1 Jia3 Yi1 Hao4.

At Tian An Men, the good thing was no need to pay for entrance, but if you want to look at those exhibits, you gotta pay! And each exhibit is a small room only! So not worth it!! We didn't go to any exhibits. As we walked further, we reached Gu Gong. Entrance was RMB$60!!! We didn't go in either.

We walked outside the walls of Gu Gong and there were willow trees beside a lake. The scenery was pretty nice! We walked to our meeting place for the chauffeur to pick us up. Again, he was late by more than half hour! My mum was really fed up and nearly wanted to take a cab to our next destination. But eventually, we still waited for him. His excuse was there was road block. My mum didn't believe him. But I think he didn't lie.

We went to a big bookshop at Wang2 Fu1 Jing3. 6 storeys high!! I bought many music books. Damn cheap. The best buy was the violin and piano score of Secret Garden songs!!! And the publishing wasn't those simplified ones! Happy happy!!!

We had dinner at Jiu3 Tou2 Niao3 Jiu3 Jia1. It is also a chain restuarant. We ordered many many dishes and only cost RMB$152!! And I ordered tie1 ban3 niu2 wa1 again! But the frogs tonight wasn't as tasty. The other dishes were special and nice!!

Lazy to exercise again. Sitting in front of the pc trying to install that stupid Sims 2 again. Urgh!

No comments: