Saturday, June 11, 2005

Day 7, Beijing - Sunny

We woke up at 8am today and had chicken porridge cooked by Mummy. Then we changed and time to go gai gai again.

This time, it was pretty slack. Cos' we were going to the outskirts of Beijing again to visit Peking University and Peking Tsinghua University. It was near the Ba Da Ling gate of the Great Wall. Peking University was pretty small. It was small, and looked dilapilated. The hostels were in quite a bad state. They're unlike NTU - their pantries, laundry rooms are in different buildings. The paintings on the low admin and academic buildings were peeling off already. Its lake was green - even greener than NTU Nanyang Lake. Eeks. Nevertheless, we still took some photos there.

Next we went to Tsinghua Uni. It was located very near Peking Uni, only about 5 minutes drive away. Many Universities are located around that area too. I only took 1 photo there, because it was pretty difficult to drive inside the Uni. Tsinghua is much bigger than Peking Uni. I think almost equivalent to NTU, otherwise, even bigger. The hostels looked newer and nicer.

Then we had lunch at Pian2 Yi2 Fang3 Roast Duck Restaurant. Addy: Cong2 Wen2 Qu1 Cong2 Wai4 Da4 Jie1 Jia3 2 Hao4. The Peking duck was super good. Even better than the first day's one. The best I would say. The skin was so crispy and aromatic!! Cauz, I will miss this duck forever! However, the price was even more ex. Guess wat? The room we ate lunch was a suite! Super big; inside it contained a sofa set, 13 chairs, a BIG round table and a coffee table!!! Luxiourous!!

Then we went to Xi1 Dan1 Tu2 Shu1 Da4 Sha4 (bookstore). A big one, with 4 levels. Immediately I went over to the Music category. There, I found many many books on music and many scores! But I only took 4 books, which I think were better. Some of the books didn't have good accompaniment. Best of all, some still come with demo CD. Haha! After which, it was the DVD/CD/VCD section. I quickly grabbed a DVD, and 3 CDs cos' time was running out. Then grabbed another chinese novel on the way out. Total spent in the whole bookstore only RMB$140. How cheaper can it get? Haha!

We walked to Xi1 Dan1, which was just near the big bookstore to change the Sims 2 and my Dad's CDs to some workable ones. After changing them, we were preparing to leave the place where we saw a small shop that made custom-design cups. And it was quite cheap, RMB$25 per cup!! How much was it in SG? My goodness! My younger brother saw his fave SHE cup and wanted to make one of the same design. Thinking how great it would be if they had Hacken's one too. Then my Mum suddenly turned around and said,"Didn't you have a photo of him in your wallet?"

*Pring Pring* Oh ya!!! How could I possibly forget?!!? I quickly took out his photo and mine too (I got my photo inside my wallet too!) and requested the person to make a cup for me too!!! And taa daa... here it is!!! Feeling so damn happy!! Always wanted to make this when I was in Sec 3, but always find it very expensive. But today, I own ONE!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Firstly, there is ME......
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And my Hacken!!!

Dinner at Hong2 Yun4 Tian1 Wai4 Tian1 Can1 Ying3. Addy: Bei3 Jing1 Shi4 Dong1 Cheng2 Qu1 Dong1 Zhi2 Men2 Wai4 Hu2 Jia1 Yuan2 Xiao3 Qu1 21 Hao4 Lou2. I had niu2 wa1 again!!! I'm gonna turn into a frog one day.. croak croak!! It was nice, hot and spicy in a claypot, but the portion was quite small leh!! Another hearty dinner.

After we got home, I joined my brothers and Dadwent in table tennis. Being the lousiest among them, I began to feel bored. So I left them and went up to watch tv. Humpf.

No comments: