Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Choir Performance

Dunman is having a 10th Anniversary Choir Concert this coming December. I was invited to go back and sing for the concert. The whole thing sounds pretty favourable. Practises on Saturdays, either once a week or twice a month depending on progress. And out of the 10 songs we are going to sing, only need to learn 1 new song. The 9 other songs were songs we sang before.

Well, there might not be another chance to stand on the stage anymore. And the most respectable person - my choir instructor, will be conducting. (Tho' he's very mean and once hurt me till I cried, think he's still considered respectable in the music arena. Haha.) Doesn't it sound all too good?

Time. Do I have the time to commit? With 7 modules + FYP + music exam + driving test, will I be able to cope? And I can't sing as well now, lost the skill already. Furthermore, all my choir good friends are not singing. Only those who seem to be close to me on the surface are participating. Ever since I joined the choir alumni, I've seen through how hypocritical they were. This means I'm going to be quite lonely during practises. And I once vowed never to go back. But... then again, I'm here pondering.

"We might not have this chance to stand on stage again in our life." This phrase keep repeating in my ears. This was how my friend persuaded me. Should I? Dunman taught me time management. Everything is possible, with good time management. Maybe I should take out my time management skills and put them to use again. I have been slacking for 3 years already. And for these 3 years, I have learnt almost nothing - in terms of academic and practical skills. Not comparable to my fruitful secondary school days. Sigh. What should I do?

No comments: