Saturday, July 09, 2005

ME Nite

After string practise, I stayed in the room to pass time before the ME dinner at 7pm. K Yong also having dinner at 7pm with the band people and we accompanied each other. Was nice talking to him!

Then left NYH to NEC at SRC for the dinner. David, YH and JH was late loh! I sat at the track stand and waited for them for 20 mins. Grrrr. We were all dressed very nice, and I think David got fatter! Oops. Haha!

We walked to NEC and took the lift to the 3rd floor. There wasn't many people. About 100 I think.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bag from U2!! The one I saw in Hong Kong, but never seen this size in SG! And it's pink! Can put A4 size things in... just right for a teacher right? Haha. Thanks guys, I love it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Haha! And a red pen! A nice inked red! I love it!

Feel so paiseh they had to give me when everyone was seated around the table. There were games and entertainment, very similar to all the dinners I went to. But nonetheless, I still had a good time laughing. Prof Gan had to dance on stage, and he really couldn't dance. Spoil my impression of him!! The dinner was catered from Stamford catering, the daily food I used to eat in HP canteen during my IA days. It was quite ok for the $5 ticket.

The lucky draw prizes were sponsered by the school, and I didn't win any!! First prize was a digital camera leh!!! Second prize was an MP3 player!!! I can't remember the third. But the 4th and 5th were $100 Takashimaya vouchers!!! Boohoo...

Then we took lotsa photos using OTHER people's camera, cos neither of them brought one, and I don't have one! In the end, desperate us were using our handphone cameras. Haha.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When he came over to talk to David, I quickly asked them to snap a photo together. *main objective is to take for JH to see* Muahahahha!! JH, you can edit it!

Finally went to chill out le!!! We went to Harry's Bar after that! We flagged the cab at the ulu SRC road and David was so nice to pay the cab fare, cos' he said he's working mah! We reached there at 1030pm.

Jiehui bought her Motorola V3 finally for $298 (if I didn't remember wrongly). These pictures below were taken by her handphone camera. She didn't even know the specs for this phone when I asked her. Aiyoh. I found out the specs online myself. Hers is a black Special Edition V3 ok! Not the silverish one hor!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Specs:

- Dimensions (h x w x d - mm): 98 x 53 x 13.9 mmSize (cc): 65Weight (g): 95 Very light and slim!!
- Quad-band (GSM 850/900/1800/1900) WOW! Quad leh!
- Connectivity: CE bus (USB / Bluetooth®) Got USB leh! Mine don't!
- Internal Memory: 5MB So little, but enuff to support ur not-so-gd built-in camera, hehe!
- Internal Display: 176 x 220 pixel, Up to 260k TFT dispaly with ATI Graphic Accelerator, 9 Lines of Text
- External Display: 96 x 80 pixel, 4k CSN Colour, 4 Lines of Text / Line of Icons WAT? 4k only?
- Nickel plated copper alloy chemically etched keypad WOW! Ni leh! Worth $$$!! Chemically-etched leh! Can't rem what can etch away copper! Haha! Sulphuric acid?
- Integrated Digital VGA Camera with 4 x digital zoom, auto-timed option & Self Portrait Viewfinder They didn't specify the camera. Think not worth 1M pixel. Maybe only 176 x 220 pixel! Haha!
- Video record, download & playback (MPEG4) MP4!! Can share with me leh!
- 22 Khz Polyphonic Speaker (support MIDI, MP3 ringtone) So how many chords ar? But not bad already cos' it can support MP3 ringtone! But with ur 5MB internal memory, it's kinda contradicting.

Applause for the special edition black phone! And the Nickel plated copper alloy chemically etched keypad! And the slim and weightless design! Haha! Heh, JH, remember not to be "shallow" ar! Haha!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was the bottle of red wine we ordered. It was $42. Pretty much for the 4 of us to drink.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We sat and chatted there, about work, about girls for David and guys for us. It was 2am very quickly and Harry's Bar was closing. I thought their closing time was 3am. So, we took cabs home. Cost me $14! It was a good night's sleep with a bit of alcohol in the blood. Haha.

No comments: