Saturday, July 16, 2005

A Surprise!

After the short string practise today, Ruiting, Angela, Yi Ting, Yong Han, K Yong and I went to JP for dinner at Bistro Delifrance! The food was quite ok, with free bread. But Cafe Cartel would be more worth it with bigger portions.

Then we went to catch Fantastic Four! Luckily K Yong booked the tickets a day ago, cos' the theatre was kinda full. And the seats we got were good, just right for the visual line. *Tip from KY: Remember to get seats about a third from behind.* The show was quite good! Very like the comic. The show started with the 4 leads in space suit. The video resolution wasn't good, and for a moment I thought I was watching Star Wars. Their space suits real retro can! Jessica Alba combed her hair in the retro way too but she's damn stunning! Woo!

Questions from the movie:
"Chemistry 101. What happen to plastics if they are supercooled?"
Ans: They become very brittle!

This is why Victor Von Doom (Dr Doom) wanted to break Reed Richard (Mr Fantastic)'s index finger.


"Chemistry 101. What happen to metals if you rapidly cool them?"
Ans: They become super hard! Rapid cooling causes martensite to form. Martensite is the strongest and hardest phase of metals. However, they are the most brittle, having negligible ductility.
This is why Mr Doom became "stoned" after Mr Fantastic quenched him with water from the hydrant, after Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) melted him with his fire.

Materials engineer will think in this way. Haha.


After that Ruiting left us cos' she had to go attend a birthday party. The 5 of us then took MRT to Raffles Place. Along the journey, they snapped photos of me and KY cos' we coincidentally wore yellow that day. Grr. And so coincidentally, the rest wore black. Haha. Upon reaching, we walked to Boat Quay. We're gonna chill out tonight!

Samantha and Huiwen joined us at the MRT. Yeah, more people means more fun! Very long haven't gone out with so many people together! So, after walking a while along Boat Quay, we decided to settle down at COLORS bar. Nice ambience inside! The dimmed lights were colourful, the sofa and satin curtains were all of different colours. The small bar added on to a cosy feeling. We sat down, and I took the inside sofa (hehe) and ordered drinks. Kind of expensive though. And I ordered Paradise. Don't taste nice. Think Sam's God Mother and KY's Kamikaze were nicer.

Then Zhong Ji Mi Ma started. The loser had to finish the drink in the middle. It started out with lime vodka, then Heineken beer. Kena a few times! Adding on to my Paradise, I was in fact quite hot in the ears and red in the face. And my head was beginning to get heavy. Hate this kind of feeling. Makes me weak. Not long after, it was turning midnight. Xiaoqing came and joined us. She already had a long day teaching violin. Turning sleepy, I got up and went to the toilet. Then I heard some of them stopping me to go toilet. But I really need to go la. So I staggered my way through. When I got out of the toilet, I heard a loud birthday song singing against the loud music mixed by the DJ there. I thought the table next to us were celebrating their friend's birthday. So I was like thinking,"Eh, somebody same birthday as me?"

It was dark inside the bar and plus I was a bit tipsy, I staggered my way back to my seat, but was already occupied by... RUITING?!??! Huh, what's she doing here? And they were all clapping and singing the birthday song?! HUH? Was I dreaming? *rubbed my eyes* Yes! It just past midnight and is my birthday today! Elated was I, looking at the Polar chocolate walnut cake, I glee so happily. Touched. (RT later said the birthday party was mine loh! She went to get the cake. And Angela and her had to get in from the back door so that I won't see it. Thanks guys. Haha, and sorry for indirectly causing you two to meet the rats and cats behind that alley!)

"Make a wish!"

"* **** ** ** ****** **** * ****"

Hahha... guess? ^x^ Then I blew out the candles. Freaking 23rd already! TMD!

Then it was lotsa pictures and pictures. And elation and exhilaration.

They got me this together:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A necklace! SK Jewellery. Tian tian dou shi zuan shi tian! I love it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yi Ting gave me this: Ginger lotion and body wash!! WAH! Can't wait to try them!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Samantha gave me this: A really nice handmade card and an Australia print towel!

Then it was more games - the froggy game, and the 7-up game. More Heinekan and later became Whisky coke. That taste like hospital! I don't like it. Being very bad at mental sums, I lost the most at the 7-up game. Luckily, KY helped me drank up a glass of that terrible Whisky coke. But the rest of the glasses, I gulped them down without breathing. Eeeks!

2am. Everyone was tired. Time to go home. I was real tired and 70% drunk. Cannot take it anymore!! On the verge of puking man! We said our goodbyes and got some hugs, then separated and went home. Haha, it was already 240am. Quickly took a quick shower and dropped dead on the bead, with rushing blood in my veins. Thanks guys for so much! I really enjoyed myself!

No comments: