Friday, July 29, 2005

Work life has started

First day of work 25th July. Almost late. Got to the bus stop at 640am, and waiting for bus 17 till 655am. If the bus goes faster, I might be able to reach school by 720am. Saw no Hai Sing student at the bus stop. Smells something fishy. Boarded the bus, none Haisians on board. Die. Is is a holiday today? No, I see many Ngee Ann and Dunman students. The bus crawled along Tampines Ave 2, then turned to Ave 7. Many cars. 710am already. Students alighted at TPJC bus stop and the one after. No good. Jam is getting bad! The bus is still crawling! I got off the bus. Prayed for a cab to come. Not to be late for work again?!?! I was late for work on the first day I worked at HP. Got a mercedes cab!!! Thank god! The driver cut lanes and zoomed me to school in just 4 minutes!!! And cost me $4. I stepped into the school at 7:19am. Ask for directions to the general office. Amazed by what I saw. The students were all seated on the parade square reading their story books! I rushed into the office, and was told to wait at the lounge. No need to attend assembly, hmm. The chime went at 725am. National anthem was sung followed by the pledge. The principal introduced the 4 new teachers to the students. But I wasn't at the assembly ground!

Then the Principal welcomed and briefed the 4 of us. We were showed our seats. Hehe, we've got new tables, they changed part of the pantry into tables for us. I'm so happy I've got a new table all to myself! And a comfortable chair, and a locker under my table. The best is I'm in a corner, can slack anytime! Then we toured the school briefly, and realised the school compound was similar to my sec sch. It wasn't too difficult to get around the school for me. Afterwhich, we met up with our respective HODs. I got my timetable and will be teaching 3 subjects - Combined Physics, E and A Maths, and attached to the graduating classes, both the 4 Express and 5 Normals. I do not need to teach, but will be assisting the teachers in any ways. I only need to sit in office today and I read up on textbooks. Shucks, can't remember so much stuff! Lunch was the food in canteen. It was cheap, only $1 for most of the things! I had chicken bryani for $1.60.

Day 2 - 26th July. Ultimately wet day. Hoping to be on time, left the house at 630am. Raining cats and dogs, bananas and papayas. Stood in the rain, wanted to take cab. And my cab was snatched by a stupid maid sending her mistress to school. TMD! Then I walked further up to flag. 655am. Shucks. No cab in sight! Called all the cab companies. All engaged tones. *Become hysterical* Called sleeping brother. Asked him to send me to school. 7:01am. Got on the car with my pants all wet and shoes soaked with water. Totally jammed along the way. *turns hysterical* Brother said there's no need to worry, cos' definitely gonna be late! Asked him what reason to give, he said "severe jam". Got me laughing for moment. But tears were brimming in my eyes.

Reached 735am. DM alike said,"Bad weather, isn't it?" Sounds nice, but don't know if it carried a sacastic meaning.

Luckily not late for the first period of lesson. First time enter the classroom with all eyes on me. Feel so weird! The first period was with 5N1. They gonna draw graph. Couldn't rem a lot, but slowly, came back. Then had Maths lessons. Physics lesson on radioactive was very interesting by Mr Yap. He was a Mechanical Engineer but switched to teaching. Then after school, there was Math mock exam invigilation. After that, I went to the Popular in White Sands and bought TYS. *SCREAMS!* Really need to get ready to do revisions with the kids!

Day 3 and Day 4 - 27th and 28th July. We went for a course at MOE Cluster Schools somewhere in Redhill. 830am to 530pm. 2 long and tedious days. But there were a lot of things learnt and many friends made. After I got home, I struggled through A Maths prelim papers. I had to come up with the solutions. ARGH, someone return me my memory!

Day 5 - 29th July. Finally in time for school. I took the MRT instead, less the trouble of jamming. Phew. Went to lab with 5N2. They did an experiment on Moments. These people are damn noisy, and had untidy handwriting on their papers, especially the guys! OMG! They never read the instructions, and many copied each other. Chaos in the lab man! But it was pretty interesting to walk around and guide them. Then went for Mr Yap's Physics class with 4N1. Went in, and some of them said,"Cher, cher, you very pretty!" Haha, but I was talking to another boy in class, so I ignored that remark. They will be sitting for their N levels soon. All the classes I've been to have a few black sheeps. I guess it takes some skill to control them. Used to the feeling of entering the class with all eyes on me. Guess it will be more intimidating when it's my turn to teach the class. Grr, I hate attention like this.

No comments: